The Legacy Training Centre at RED Mountain Resort is taking it to the next level for November 2015. Just one year after investing over $1.5 million in a state-of-the-art TechnoAlpin snowmaking system to ensure that RED is “racer ready” in early November, the Legacy Training Centre at RED Mountain is further enhancing the facility by expanding the snowmaking infrastructure to the top of the venue on RED Mountain. For early season training you will now be able to access the top of the FIS homologated GS course via the RED Chair.
What Coaches need to know:
- Top of RED to finish corral = 400m vertical drop with 4-5 laps possible per hour.
- GS lane = 309m vertical drop (Homologated FIS GS ) and with room for two full FIS length GS lanes (skier’s left and right of tree island on Upper Back Trail).
- The T-bar slope = 140m vertical drop with 8-10 laps possible per hour.
- At full coverage The Legacy Centre will be able to offer 2 full FIS GS lanes and 6 Slalom lanes.
- Weather dependant the Legacy Training Centre is scheduled to open November 15, 2015
Red Mountain Racers Head Coach Phil Patterson noted “The snow was great this last season. I can safely say that we had our best early season training ever this past year and we had consistently good snow texture throughout the season.”
In addition, to early season training, the further investment in bringing snowmaking to the top of RED Mountain ensures that The Legacy Centre at RED Mountain will continue to host high calibre races that offer a fair and consistent race surface to all competitors. “We received extremely positive feedback from coaches and athletes from Alberta, British Columbia and the United States during our Keurig Cup FIS Technical Race Series in March” said Christine Andison, President of the Red Mountain Racers. She added that “having a consistent race surface takes the stress out of hosting these big events and our club is very grateful to the resort for their ongoing support of the race community both locally and globally”.
“The Legacy Training Center is the crown jewel for Red Mountain Resort. It provides an amazing opportunity for our local Red Mountain Racers as well as racing teams throughout the world. We couldn’t be more proud to have helped create this wonderful facility” said Howard Katkov, CEO of RED Mountain Resort.
To book your session or for more information contact:
Matt Henry, Director of Sales
Legacy Training Centre